#30 Forms and Focus Discussion on Collaboration
COLLABORATION AND LISTEN
To accomplish your dreams, it might start with reaching out to friends and peers in the area you are trying to make your next move in. Today we talk about why we struggle at collaboration and what you can do today to increase collaboration and accomplish your dream. Let's dig in....
0:00 Intro to The Creative Space
0:30 Intro to Podcast
1:00 Problems Keeping You From Collaborating
11:50 Solution to Increasing Creativity
LISTEN TO EPISODE
PROBLEM: We Suck At Collaboration
- An article on career statistics site, zippia.com found 86% of employees in leadership positions blame lack of collaboration as the top reason for workplace failures.
- One of our greatest fears of collaboration is our fear of failure: Article on Globe News Wire finds from 1,083 respondents surveyed, 1 in 3 Americans were found to be scared of failure.
- Fear someone will steal your idea.
- Another barrier is our lack of trust: The article, Americans don't trust one another, on USA Today quoted research that found: only ⅓ of Americans say they trust others.
- Internally struggling: In Episode #21 - #23, we talked about stress, conflict and fear. It can be extremely difficult to collaborate when we work with toxic people.
TYPICALLY, PEOPLE WITH LOW EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE REALLY STRUGGLE TO COLLABORATE. Here are some signs to look out for from Very Well Mind:
- You are Always Have to Be 'Right'
- You are Oblivious to Other People's Feelings
- You Blame Others for Your Problems
- You Have Emotional Outbursts
- You Turn Conversations Toward Yourself
BENEFITS OF COLLABORATION
- CRITICAL DISCLAIMER: Don’t start a business with a dumbass or a toxic person because you fear doing it alone!!!
- Your brain knows what it knows. Forming new pathways in the brain will be essential in starting a business.
- Break through decision paralysis.
- Having a group of peers who encourage and challenge you.
- Accountability. “Hey, how is that business idea coming along?”
- Last but not least, if you are starting a business, collaborating with customers or potential customers is THE GREATEST MOST IMPORTANT activity.
Podcast Available Everywhere
#focus #podcast #collaboration