#45 Self Actualization & Focus
This is the 5th episode of our 5 episode series on the hierarchy of needs and how those needs consume our minds and focus. Unfortunately, we leave little brain energy to focus on our future, which leads us right back to the hamster wheel day after day after day. Today we have reached the TOP of the hierarchy!!! We are talking about the fifth level of needs: our Self-Actualization Needs. Let’s dig in…
00:00 Intro to self actualization & focus
00:43 Intro to podcast
01:15 Problem self actualization & focus
11:00 Solution to increasing our focus
- Our Self-Actualization Needs (simplypsychology.org)
- The realization of a person's potential, our self-fulfillment, our personal growth and peak experiences. Maslow (1943) describes this level as the desire to accomplish everything that one can, to become the most that one can be.
- Individuals may perceive or focus on this need very specifically. For example, one individual may have a strong desire to become an ideal parent. In another, the desire may be expressed economically, academically or athletically. For others, it may be expressed creatively, in paintings, pictures, or inventions.
- You ready bro, the big question: How much do we actually focus on realizing our full potential? And when we sit and dream about being a great parent, a rock star, or the CEO of a big company, are we trying to reach our full potential or our desperate need to be respected?
- Are you trying to accomplish your dreams or prove a toxic parent wrong?
- Consumed commodities are a cheap high when meeting our real needs (Cars, houses, clothes, etc.)
- Time to get a bit introspective and ask yourself, Who are you? What do you want? Why?
- Ask yourself, “Am I trying to live my life or someone else's?”
- Serving others is a true path to finding yourself.
- Take time / Force time to understand your potential and work like hell to personally develop that potential so you can live a life of peak experiences.
FIND US ON
#focus #dream #selfactualization